Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wednesday in the Garden-O-Kitchen

So I haven't posted in a hot minute on here, but I've taken some new pics of my lovely plants! It's amazing to watch them grow.

My to-do list for Wednesday:
  • Get the beds marked (because I'm a loser and haven't had the motivation to get out in the biting Oklahoma wind to get this done yet)

  • Start hardening my babies, because it's getting close to the time I can put them outside permanently and reclaim my dining room for yes... DINING!

  • Peat pot plant 3 more maters, 5 cherry maters and 5 more contender bean plants. I'm afraid the maters I've got now aren't going to make it and I managed to kill all of the kids cherry mater plants... and we LOVE LOVE LOVE grean beans, so we want more!
That shouldn't be hard to handle today... in addition to my routine cleaning, babysitting, working and of course my addiction to blogging right?

Ok... here's the update on my babies:

My first zucchini bloom! Isn't she lovely? They are leggy and look horrible, I think, but then again, who am I? Hopefully they will do much better when in the ground. I still just can't help but be proud of my bloomie!












And here's my lovely squash bloomie! She's so beautiful! Honestly, I had no idea it would be that big... and I'm concerned that I don't have bees in the house (thank God) to do their job. Another confession... when I started this project I had NO idea that I needed bees lol. I thought the stuff just grew and didn't need the help of flying stinging things. Good thing I learned that AFTER I started planting though... or I might have skipped the whole gardening thing altogether.




My most prized possession thus far is my green bean. I actually have a green bean! This is proof in the pudding baby! I'm actually doing something right!











And finally, my gigantic contender beans are just doing wondefully. It's amazing to me that I started this crap soooo long ago... planting the peat pots I mean, and these guys are almost as big as every other plant I have... and they were only started about 3 weeks ago. I hope these guys continue with their growth when I get them outside. I'm planting more of these guys today as well, since only three of the four seedlings I started are still alive and well today... and we just LOVE green beans!

No comments:

Post a Comment