Monday, March 30, 2009

Ramblings on a Monday Morning

This morning I wake up at 5 am, 5:20, 5:45, 6:05...I finally get out of bed at 7 when Andy flipped on the light. CRAP! I'm up LATE AGAIN! I hate waking up and the sun isn't up yet. It's nearly impossible to drag my butt out from the covers and get the day started. And if I didn't have kids coming at 7:30, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get up... Well, I'd get up to get Andy's coffee and lunch ready for the day, but then I'd go back to bed lol.

Today I've still got a buttload of homework to do because I decided after reading a million blogs last night that a Tyler Perry movie sounded much more fun than schoolwork. Dummy!

Nish came back from her dad's last night and I had a long talk with her about her friend who ran away earlier in the week, and also about her being a knucklehead at school and not turning in her work. Her teachers love her, and she's a bright girl... she's just not turning in a few assignments in EVERY class and her grades are showing it. So we've developed a plan with the teachers to communicate via email each week and give me a progress report. We are also going to get a signature from each of them every single day in her agenda stating what she needs to turn in and such, and if anything is late. At the end of the day she has to report to Shelley and if there is a signature missing, she gets after school detention. If there are 3 or more signatures missing, she gets to stay until 6pm. Sounds awful I know, but after a couple days of forgetting to get it done, she'll get the point.

My sister emailed me her itinerary too! I'm soooo very excited! To be so far apart, we really are close. She and her man are coming in May for Memorial Day. She was just going to Texas to introduce her man to our granny, but we decided being stuck in Mayberry for five days would be entirely too much for her. She's going to fly into OKC Thursday night. We'll go to the dart tournament that Friday night and Saturday morning Andy, me, my sissy and her man will all jump in the mini and head to Mayberry. I'm always excited to see my moma and granny, but it's especially fun when my sissy is there! Then Sunday night or Monday morning we'll head back to OKC, BBQ on Monday, and then I'll take her to the airport Tuesday night. This is the first time her man will see my life in Okieland too. I'm so excited.....and I just can't hide it....

No comments:

Post a Comment