Thursday, February 26, 2009

My first sprout sprout!

I'm so excited! I got up this morning and my Brussels sprout has sprouted. There are like four of them sprouting so far! I couldn't be more proud of my babies!

Andy is getting the rototiller this weekend, and we are expecting a freeze on Sunday. So that should help kill weeds before we get the garden all planted.

I talked to a friend in a chat room I visit too! She lives in Texas and gave me some good advise. Apparently she's been gardening for years and I didn't have a clue! It's great, I have a friend who gardens. All of my local friends just think I'm nutzo for doing this, but when I hand them veggies by the basket because I have too many, we'll see what they have to say then! HA!

I need to do more research on the shredded paper for mulch idea. She told me that as long as it has already decomposed that it would be okay for the garden. I'm going to see what I can find out about that with my trusty googling. (I'm such a google nerd!)

Anyway, just had to show off my sprout sprout! I've got seeds left over from almost everything I started indoors, so if my experiment fails and they don't do well this way, I'm still planning on planting a lot of things straight from seed into the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment