Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Scarecrow!

Andy came up with a fun idea for the kids to enjoy as well. He wants to put a scarecrow in the garden. I think it's a great idea. We are going to hit the thrift stores this weekend and see if we can get him some clothes and all the essentials for creating him.

I've never really made a scarecrow, so I googled, lol. I'm a google fanatic! I have my list of supplies ready! We'll get all the stuff this weekend and next weekend when we have all the kids here, we'll put him together. I'm even thinking about sewing his face on instead of just using a marker. And I think I can get leaves from Nikki's flowerbed that I saw piled in there yesterday for the stuffing. Woo hoo! I'm excited. The kids will have a blast. I'll put up pictures when he's done.

Andy is supposed to get the rototiller on Friday evening and plow away Saturday. Then we'll put together the beds in the yard, put up the scarecrow and see what it looks like. I even mentioned to Andy about painting the beds before we put them in the garden. He was all gung-ho about it and told me to just get the paint and he'd do it! What a handyman he's turned out to be! I'm lovin' this! I just plan things and he puts it all together for me! What a fun game LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment