Tuesday, March 3, 2009

HOLY COW POOP!

I never, in my wildest dreams (and I've had some doozies), thought I'd be excited at the thought of Andy going to pick up a truckload of cow poop. Apparently, he works with a lady who said if he drove to her land, he could have all the poop he wanted. How thoughtful LOL!

And... my latest sprouts this morning are the zucchini, yellow squash, green beans and radishes. A couple more big beefs (next time I'll pick a different tomato) have sprouted as well too. It's like overnight they all just decide "Ok my turn!" LOL. The babies are poking their heads out of their little pellet homes as we speak. I'll get some pics when they are a little further out. Awww, my babies are coming alive! I'm so proud! I was worried about the bush beans. I think a few of the seeds rotted so I'm sure I lost a few of those. A positive note on that though is that I planted way too many for the first "session", so I'll start more of those in another week, and then again in 2 more weeks. I should have a steady flow of bush beans during harvest time.

No comments:

Post a Comment