Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday Update

Ok so I'm happy to say Andy got the top-soil... we had to get 2 tons because I want one more bed, plus there is apparently a hole the size of the grand canyon near the fence that Andy wants to fill in.

So... here's what a ton of dirt looks like lol

Photobucket

one ton o dirt

I guess I thought it would be a lot more. Hmph!

And here's my lovely Andy with our new, way over priced wheel barrow, shoveling dirt and wheeling it back to the beds lol. Poor guy, I know that was a pain in the butt!

Photobucket

And the final product...

beds all done

My beautiful beds where my little seedlings will think they are in a mansion! I'm so excited! I can't wait to get them out there.

The seedlings are looking good. I've moved the rest of them from their peat pellet apartments to their paper sack condos. I started another round of a few seeds last night, and I'll hopefully get some more done today.

Now my big job is to mark off the beds. I was thinking about yarn and some thumb tacks, but I think I'm just going to use the fishing wire we have here. I've been saving every friggin plastic container (especially the pepsi 2 liter bottles) so I can use them for watering too. I have no idea how the hell I'm going to get holes in the lids of these bottles, being that we have no drill, but I think I'll leave that project up to Andy lol.

And this week I've got to take a head count and see plot everything on a graph so I know everything will have a home. I think Andy is going to build another bed for me, and we have enough top-soil left to fill it... my big concern is getting all this counting done first to see if I even need it. Hell, I already know I'm going to have him build it lol.

So far this inexpensive project has turned into about $400. But... next year I won't have to buy the beds, wheel barrow, rakes, shovel, etc., etc., etc. LOL let me not get ahead of myself and see if anything actually produces fruit. That'll be the real indicator as to whether there will even BE a NEXT YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment