Monday, March 30, 2009

Meteorologists

get big money for lying to me. I don't appreciate that. In the least. Friday night we were looking at Crotchety Ole Man Winter's last (hopefully the last) big fight with the Spring Fairy. He was supposed to come swooping in and leave me with a foot of snow Friday night and Saturday all day. Pffft!

This is what we got:



Don't get me wrong. I'm not bitching. I'm actually excited that it didn't come in near as hard as it was supposed to, especially since we were at the bar throwing darts Friday night.

So Saturday was a "hung over day" and Sunday I took some pics of my babies by the slider door to make note of some progress.

Snow on the ground and my bush beans decide today is the day to give a first bloomie. I couldn't be more proud! My very first real bloomie!



Then we have the contender beans that seem to be exploding out of their tiny pellet apartments. These guys seriously are HUGE, especially considering their seeds were only planted on March 15!




I didn't really take many pics this weekend, considering most everything looks just like it did a few days ago when I posted. I did notice that my maters have gotten a smidge bigger, and I'm excited about that. The one's I've been on craigslist for sale are HUGE and I thought my babies were just short bus riders or something, but they might pick up and actually grow like normal soon (fingers crossed).

While Andy and I were out and about on Saturday we went to this little Mexican restaurant that just opened. He swore by the name of it and I am always game to try out some new burritos lol. Well, they had one of those games in there where you insert an outrageous amount of coins for an enormous claw to come down and you aim it at whatever stuffed animal you think you can grab. I suck at this game and never end up with a toy. This machine pissed me off. Well, Andy put in his pocket full of coins and on the FIRST grab he wins me a PRIZE! Go baby go!

One problem... he picks up the one thing I am terrified of! A flippin flying, stinging thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment