Thursday, March 5, 2009

Mooooovin on Up!

In the process of moving my seedlings from their pellet apartments to their newspaper and paper sack condos. This is definitely a chore. We bought some gardening mix and regular soil in bags and I'm mixing them 1:2. Hopefully they will still stay healthy and continue to grow.

Every day something else has sprouted or grown beyond it's little pellet. I'll take some pics when I have everything in order and add them later. I'm getting this metal rack that I used to store my sweaters and such on in the apt and moving that to the kitchen. That should allow me some more room to keep my babies without intruding on the already over-planted greenhouse look-a-like kitchen I've got going now. We are having a hard time finding a spot at the kitchen table to eat supper lol!

Got confirmation on the poop load too. It's apparently cow manure, and from what I've read, it's best to add that to the garden in the fall because of the nitrogen. I also read that we should get the "old poop" and that if I mix it in the bed, make sure to wait at least 2-3 weeks prior to planting. If we gets the beds together this weekend, I'll have plenty of time. Can't put anything outside until after April 15 anyway (lol if I can wait that long being the nonconformist that I am) so hopefully the timing won't be an issue. I'll just have to make sure we don't go crazy with the poop.

The only thing that really hasn't sprouted yet is the second round of green beans that I've started, but they've still got a few days yet before I expect to see anything. I'll panic later lol.

This weekend is supposed to be beautiful, so hopefully we'll be able to get the beds together and I'll feel like we are really moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment