Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday Shmursday!

Mother Nature isn't my friend right now. This broad has allowed a snow storm to hit! What kind of crap is that??? We are supposed to get 6" to a foot tomorrow and Saturday! Blah!

So... why am I here again? Oh yeah, to talk about my gardening experience right? Pffft! This is a tad overwhelming today. I'm not sure if things in my personal life are getting to me, I'm just so excited to get this stuff out of my diningroom and into the beds, or if I'm even doing this right... but something is off kilter today.

I did take some pics this morning of my babies... let's see if I can get in a better mood by writing about my beauties!

Photobucket

Here are some corn surrounded by my zucchini. He seems to be thriving well and looks pretty happy to me.

Photobucket

I think this bad boy is getting ready to bloom. Several of the squash in this container are just growing like crazy, and I think I read somewhere that I should move them to a darker room to stunt them a bit until I can get them outside if they continue to grow like this.

Photobucket

Photobucket

There are two of the contender bush beans that I planted after I lost most of my other variety of bush beans with the "food" catastrophe. They look funny to me. That one is busting through the soil like he's King Kong! I certainly don't remember the others being that big and fiesty looking! LOL But on a positive note, they seem to be doing just fine... whatever I'm doing is working lol.

Photobucket

My po po maters. They are big beef, but they don't look very big and beefy. I added that stupid food to them, but scraped it out the best I could, hoping to save them after I figured out they were going to shrivel and DIE! They don't seem to be dying, but they aren't growing either. I'm trying to keep the soil not too wet, b/c I've read that they don't like to be overwatered. Maybe if I cut my temp-houses down so that the sun reaches the soil better they will have a better chance of survival. These are the only maters I have left... since I managed to kill all of the cherry maters :(


I'm thinking I'm going to have to find some friends on this blogspot dealy-whopper to help me out here. I need help... advise... or maybe just reassurance...

No comments:

Post a Comment